Fundraising any amount can seem daunting at first. But, it can be done. It can even be fun!
You are embarking on an adventure as you take this step of faith to raise the funds for P2C PLUS. You are trusting God to direct you to people who want to partner with you through Power to Change.
This page will walk you through the 4 main steps to have a good fundraising experience.
You can contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
1 – REGISTER
2 – PREPARE
- Pray and take some time to go through the biblical motivation for fundraising.
- Create your personal fundraising webpage.
- Visit our signup page and create a new account if you don’t already have one.
- Once you’re logged in, create a new cause.
- Select the P2C PLUS Conference from the dropdown and fill in each section to personalize it for your donors (don’t forget to add a photo).
- Set your fundraising goal. For example:
$279 (the value of the Fundraising ALL ACCESS Pass minus your $50 portion) + $100 extra (to bless P2C PLUS and make it even more awesome) = Your Fundraising Goal
- You can also fundraise for your travel and accommodation costs that are booked by your local Power to Change ministry. Please contact your local campus leaders for more information.
- Write your ask letter using our ask letter template.
3 – ASK
- Brainstorm all the Christians you know (try for at least 50 names).
- Gather addresses and phone numbers. Mailing or giving your ask letter in person generally has better results. However, if you only have their email or social media, that works too.
- Send your letters; including the link to your fundraising webpage.
4 – FOLLOW UP
- A couple of days after they receive the letter, call (or message) each person to ask if they have decided to give. You can use our phone call script as a guideline.
- Fill out a Record of Funds Form for any donations received in person (not online).
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
- Make sure to bring any cheques you have received with the record of funds form(s).
- Go to the Fundraising Registration Table when you arrive to check-in (see FAQ below for more info.)
- Be prepared to pay for any costs (if any) that were not covered by donations.
- Write a thank you card to each donor. Read these guidelines for writing great thank you cards.
|Nov 1||Buy your fundraising ticket (Recommended)|
|Nov 15||All ask letters sent (Recommended)|
|Nov 22||Call back everyone for a decision (Recommended)|
|Dec 20||Final day to receive online donations on your personal fundraising webpage|
|Dec 28||P2C PLUS Fundraising Registration Table – bring your cheque donations with a record of funds form.|
FREQUENTLY ASKED (Fundraising) QUESTIONS
HOW DO I START FUNDRAISING FOR P2C PLUS?
First, purchase the fundraising ticket and use the “fundraise” promo code. After that, follow the steps listed above.
IS THERE A BIBLICAL MOTIVATION TO FUNDRAISING?
Yes. Please read Biblical Motivation for Fundraising.
HOW MUCH DO I HAVE TO RAISE?
The amount that you raise is up to you! You can raise as much or as little as you would like to cover your ticket.
WHAT DO I HAVE TO PAY FOR?
You will pay $50 for your fundraising ticket. The $50 is non-refundable and cannot be covered by your fundraising.
WHAT IF I RAISE MORE THAN THE TOTAL AMOUNT THAT I NEED?
Any funds that go beyond your eligible conference costs goes towards making P2C PLUS even more awesome.
WHAT IF I DON’T RAISE THE TOTAL AMOUNT THAT I NEED?
Come to the conference and pay the difference at the Fundraising Registration Table.
HOW DO I DEAL WITH THE DIFFERENT WAYS PEOPLE WANT TO GIVE MONEY?
For credit cards, send people to your personal fundraising webpage. Keep in mind that credit card donations will take a few days to process so encourage your donors to give by December 20th so that we have a record of it when you arrive. If donations are received after December 20th, we can’t guarantee that they will be processed in time. If they haven’t been processed when you arrive at the Fundraising Registration Table, they can’t count towards your conference costs.
For cheques, make sure they are made payable to “Power to Change”. The donor should give the cheque to you directly or by mail. Record their donation on the Conference Record of Funds form and bring it with you to the Fundraising Registration Table.
For cash, make sure that you have recorded the amount each person has given you in cash on a Conference Funds form. Then write a cheque or obtain a money order from your bank for the cumulative amount of cash you have received from the different people.
When filling out the Conference Record of Funds form, make sure that you provide complete contact information for each of your donors. We need this so that we can issue a tax receipt. They will appreciate that!
WHAT DO I DO IF SOMEONE WANTS TO MAKE A PLEDGE BUT CANNOT GIVE RIGHT NOW?
As long as their cheque is dated no later than December 28th, they can give a donation to you. Any donations received after December 28th will not count towards your fundraising total. You need to have all your donation cheques with you when you arrive at the conference. Otherwise, you will need to pay the remainder on site.
WHAT IF I WANT TO TRANSFER SOME EXTRA DONATIONS TO MY FRIEND WHO IS ALSO FUNDRAISING?
You can give a cheque designated for you to a friend to count as their donation before you arrive at the Fundraising Registration Table. All online donations cannot be transferred to another person. In general, once a donation has been received by Power to Change, it cannot be transferred to anyone else.
HOW DO I KNOW MY FUNDRAISING PROGRESS?
There is a great goal tracker on your personal fundraising webpage where you can see the amount you have raised to date. This includes all gifts given through your fundraising webpage.